Public Cowboy No. 1
Released: February 6, 2007
By Image Entertainment
Approximately 61 minutes
Fully Restored and Uncut
Gene Autry's tried and true crime fighting methods are put to the test when cattle rustlers employ modern technology – including refrigerated trucks, planes and two-way radios – in Public Cowboy No. 1. Things get worse when the local newspaper gal's scathing editorials bash Gene's old-fashioned methods and demand the locals call in "progressive" big city detectives. It's up to Gene and his horse Champion, along with pal Frog Millhouse, to prove that the Western straight-shooting methods of dealing with crime still hold true!
- Centennial Bonus! Phantom Empire Chapter One: "The Singing Cowboy"
- Centennial Bonus! Gene Autry Personal Appearance in Theater Trailers circa 1936.
- Reminiscing with Gene Autry and Pat Buttram at the Melody Ranch Theater
- Poster and Lobby Card Art
- Production and Publicity Stills
- Original Press Kit Material
- Trivia and Movie Facts
- Excerpts from the July 14, 1946 Melody Ranch Radio Show broadcast. In August of 1937 when Public Cowboy No. 1 was released, Gene Autry's music was on the radio but he did not yet have his own radio program. For this collection we present to you a special show when Smiley Burnett joins the Melody Ranch cast and brings with him his trademark comedy routines and humorous songs.
|Actors/Artists: Gene Autry, Smiley Burnette, Ann Rutherford, William Farnum, Arthur Loft, Frankie Marvin, House Peters, Jr. and Champion|
|Director: Joe Kane||Audio Format: Mono|
|Screen Format: Full Frame||Color: B&W|
|Original Languages: English||Other Languages: None|
|Region Code: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only)||Running Time:
Back to DVDs Index